3 August 2017

So You Wanna Be An Outlaw?



I do not have all the records released by many artists. Guess I lack the completeist's zeal. If my first record had been Jerry Lee Lewis's album he made in 1970 with his sister Linda Gail called "Together" (one of Jerry Lee's few not on a shelf of mine) I would have ruined the uncommon joy I got when I put it on for the first time last night. So good I briefly wished I worked in a meth lab in Tennessee instead of fucking sawmill in British Columbia.

I am even missing a live album by Lou Reed, couple of the same by Neil Young and the Drive By Truckers and a 45 by DOA.

I do, however, have every motherfucking record by Steve Earle. Got his newest on the turntable this very minute. Is not making me want to develop a heroin habit like his records used to do.

Heroin is not half powerful enough to numb the pain that is 2017.






1 comment:

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

...and
upon closer
inspection
Earle's album

(which kills)

comes without
one of
those ubiquitous
MP3 download cards

I
have yet
to ever
cash in.